Chikuwa is a popular fish cake ingredient in Japan. It is used in many dishes including hot pot, deep fried, oden, and many more. Chikuwa Cucumber is one of the quick dishes that can easily fill empty spaces in your bento box. Preparation only takes a few minutes. Enjoy!
- Cucumber (Japanese, Persian, or English cucumber)
- Chikuwa (Japanese fish cake - 1pkg has 5 pieces in it.)
- Cut the cucumber to same length as chikuwa.
- Peel some skin off the cucumber (looks nicer and less bitter).
- Cut the cucumber into 8 equal pieces lengthwise. Then remove the seeds area so that each cucumber piece will fit inside of chikuwa. Stuff cucumber inside chikuwa.
- Cut each chikuwa cucumber in half, then cut each piece diagonally.