How To Make Shiraga Negi
Here is the simple instruction on how to slice Tokyo Negi (Japanese long green onion) into Shiraga Negi (thin strips) for garnishing as you see in the picture above.
- Cut the white part of Tokyo Negi into 2 inch lengths and make an incision lengthwise.
- Remove the soft green core. Keep the soft green core for other cooking.
- Stack up the white part of Tokyo Negi.
- Cut the white part thinly into ulienne strips.
- If you want to make Shiraga Negi curly, soak them in cold water for 10 minutes and drain well. Now it's ready for garnishing.