La-Yu – Just One Cookbook Kitchen Pantry
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Green part of 1 green onion, chopped
- 1-2 slices of ginger
- 1/4-1/3 cup chopped chili peppers or chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil (optional) *
- Heat vegetable oil, sesame oil, garlic, green onion, and ginger in a saucepan until smoking.
- Add chopped chili pepper or chili flakes and cook stirring occasionally on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 1 Tbsp. sesame oil. Let it steep until it cools down.
- Strain and it is ready for use.
* Sesame oil loses fragrance while cooking, so you can add a little bit of sesame oil after cooking.
* Use in 1-2 weeks.