As we started to feel the chilly autumn air in the evening I realized that the end of summer is quickly approaching in the Northern Hemisphere. I would like to share a few more of my BBQ recipes before the summer ends. Today’s BBQ marinade is really easy to make and tasty so I make this BBQ Pork Belly pretty much all year around.
For barbequing pork belly, I highly recommend to use an outdoor grill so that the extra fat will melt off and the finished product won’t be as oily. We used juicy and soft pork belly meat but you can replace it with other meat such as beef or chicken to enjoy with the marinade. The marinade requires typical Japanese condiments so if you cook Japanese meals often, this can be a quick meal option!
By the way, I would like to thank you for the kind comments for my son’s first day of 1st grade. He is very excited about going to school everyday and we’re pleased to see him happy. After last week, I realized I’m the one who actually needs to adjust my schedule more. Now I need to go to bed earlier so that I can wake up in time to make his lunch and bring both children to different schools in the morning. I might be a bit slow on responding to your emails right now but I’ll catch up once we get used to our new daily routine. Thanks for your patience.
Hope everyone will have a great week and enjoy the remainder of the summer!
- 1/2 lb sliced Pork belly (if you buy a block, slice into 1/8 inch pieces)
- 1/4 onion
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 dried red chili pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. sake
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 Tbsp. Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. roasted white sesame seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grate onion in a medium container (or bowl).
- Grate ginger.
- Thinly slice the green onion.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in the container.
- Add the pork belly and marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Start the grill, preferably over charcoal. Grill on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Flip the meat and cook for another 1-2 minutes. You can pan fry or use cast iron skillet to grill the meat indoor as well.