The weather has been really nice in the Bay Area and my children want to play outside in the park and go biking. My already-busy life has turned into super-hectic life and I find myself struggling to find time to do everything.
When I am too busy to make a full bento for my son’s lunch, I sometimes make this Cute Octopus Sausage Bento because it’s super quick and fun!
Okay…it’s not really “octopus sausage”, but these sausages are cut to shape like octopus. Did you think they are really made of octopus?
In Japan, moms try to feed their children nutritious food that are sometimes not popular with children by making the food look more interesting and fun. You have probably seen cute Japanese bentos like these with animal shapes and character shapes. Octopus sausages are one of the easiest thing you can make.
To learn how to make quick and easy Octopus Sausages, click HERE for the step by step pictures. I hope this easy octopus sausage dish will be helpful when you are busy. Have a nice weekend!
My sponsor, Lunch-à-Porter sent me today’s Bento Box ($29.00), Oval silicone cups ($12), Eiffel Tower Fork ($4.00) as a gift. Check out their cute bento boxes and accessories and get 15% off using coupon code JOC15!
- Make Onigiri and let it cool before packing into the bento box.
- Make Octopus Sausages and set aside to let it cool before packing in the bento box. I used two sesame seeds for octopus eyes. :)
- Pack tomatoes, grapes and broccoli in the bento box.
- Make sure all the foods cool down completely before closing the bento box.
[Please read FOOD SAFETY TIPS].
* This lunch is for my 6-year-old son.
Enjoy making bento!