This fruitcake recipe came from my best friend Yukako who lives in Osaka, Japan. She also gave me the banana bread recipe over 10 years ago and it’s been my favorite banana bread since then. I hope you enjoy these yummy treats and have a wonderful weekend!
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup dried fruit mix (I use Trader Joe’s dried fruit mix)
- 3 eggs, keep them at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp. baking powder, sifted
- 10 ½ Tbsp. butter, melted
- In a small saucepan, cook water and sugar on high heat. After boiling, add dried fruit mix and cook for 1-2 minutes. Drain well and set aside to cool down. Squeeze water out and pat dry with paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place a piece of parchment paper in the baking dish and spray oil.
- Beat eggs and sugar in the stand mixer until it gets fluffy.
- Slowly stir in flour and baking powder.
- Add the butter and mix.
- Add the dried fruits and mix. Then pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool down on a cooling rack for 5 minutes. Then remove the cake from the baking dish by pulling out the parchment paper. You can serve on the same day; however, it tastes much better the following day. If you want to wait for a day, wrap the cake tightly in saran wrap when the cake is completely cool. Leave it at the room temperature till next day.