I wasn’t planning to post today, but I wanted to let you know some of the changes my husband and I have been working on. You probably noticed when you came to my site today that it looks a little different. My husband have been bothered by the slow loading speed on my site and I’m sure you have been also experiencing the same issue. So last night we omitted the background image and we also changed the size of pictures for cooking steps. The web page loading test says it’s a bit better, but we’ll be working to improve the loading speed. Thank you for being patient and continuing to come to my website. If you have any feedback for us, we’ll really appreciate it. Thank you.
I have been forgetting to post Indian Rice recipe after I posted Indian Curry. This is really easy to cook, and I hope you enjoy the rice with the curry.
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 (2 inch) piece cinnamon stick
- 2 pods green cardamom
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Place rice into a large bowl and rinse it thoroughly, about three to five times with your hands until water runs clear. Soak rice in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy pot on medium heat. Add the cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, cloves, and bay leaf. Cook and stir for a few minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the onion to the pot. Saute the onion until golden browned, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the water from rice in a fine-mesh sieve. Add the rice into the pot. Cook and stir the rice for a few minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Add salt and water to the pot, and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until all of the water has been absorbed. Turn off the heat and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Fluff with a wooden spoon before serving.