I made this delicious Strawberry Frozen Yogurt recipe awhile back and was worried the strawberry season might be over before I had a chance to share on Just One Cookbook. I am glad that there are still plenty of strawberries in the stores so you definitely have to try this recipe if you love homemade fruity frozen yogurt. I apologize for sharing an ice cream recipe so late in the summer but the truth is that I usually take more than a week (or even a month) to prepare and publish a post. The behind the scene work such as photo editing and writing takes me a bit of time since my real job is still full-time mom.
I try to make sure the recipe I’m about to share is still somewhat in season, such as this “fresh strawberry ingredient” post before the season is over. I was planning to share this ice cream recipe a few weeks ago, but as I was deciding on which recipes to share, this just got pushed back a few times. However, don’t be mislead by my delay, this recipe is simply spectacular and one of my favorites!
When I saw this recipe at Lynna’s blog, Hearts in My Oven, I knew I have to make it for my family since my daughter loves strawberry. Compared to the Blueberry Frozen Yogurt, the texture of the strawberry frozen yogurt was really smooth and creamy. It didn’t get icy at all even being stored in the freezer for over a week. I used organic strawberries (really sweet and flavorful!) and the end result was very popular among my children and their friends. I’d highly recommend using organic strawberries if you can still find them. The best part about this recipe is that it’s super easy to make!!
This Strawberry Frozen Yogurt is my last frozen treat I’ll share this year. I am really proud that I used my ice cream maker quite a bit this summer creating frozen treats for the family. In the middle of the summer, I was a bit worried that I might have shared too many ice cream recipes. Hope you enjoyed my ice cream posts!
- 3 cups (1 lb/450g) strawberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup full fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Rinse the strawberries under cold water and use the point of the knife to remove the hull out of the tops. When you have big strawberries, cut them in half.
- Blend strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and salt in blender until well combined.
- Add yogurt and sour cream and blend until well combined.
- Process the mixture in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions (usually about 25 minutes). Transfer the frozen yogurt to an airtight container and freeze it for several hours before serving.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, then transfer the mixture to a container and put it in a freezer. Stir every few hours (3-4 times) to break up the ice crystals until it’s completely frozen.
This past week I was featured on Blogher’s Leftover Makeovers series. Check out other great leftover recipe ideas at Blogher’s Leftover Makeovers Pinterest board!
Thank you to Blogher for featuring me!