My husband’s is typically not a big fan of salad but simply eats it because he know it’s good for his health. Several years ago, he came home quite excited after having lunch at his Dutch coworker’s house. He told me the coworker had served a simple and delicious Arugula Salad and he absolutely loved it.
My husband then made the salad for me soon after and I really liked it as well, and we eat this salad at least once every other week now. What I like about this salad is that it’s easy to make (it takes about 5 minutes!) and you only need a few ingredients.
Besides Arugula, you are likely to have most of the ingredients in your kitchen already – good olive oil, fresh lemon juice, freshly ground black pepper, salt, and good Parmesan cheese (not from the bottle!). This salad might look simple, but the taste is fairly complex. The peppery bitter taste of arugula accented with tangy lemon juice, and blended with slices of Parmesan cheese is quite addicting. I hope you’ll give this simple salad a try if you like arugula.
- 7 cups (5.6 oz/158g) arugla
- 1.1 oz (30 g) Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 – 2/3 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Rinse the arugula in cold running water and drain well. Place it in the serving bowl.
- For dressing, drizzle the olive oil, lemon juice, and sprinkle freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Slice the cheese into 1mm thickness and sprinkle over the salad.
- Toss everything before serving to an individual plate.
Now it’s time for giveaway!
We really love WAFU® Japanese dressings, and I reviewed their dressings and gave away to some readers last year (read the post here). Their dressings are so delicious and they taste very authentic. We recommended WAFU dressings to our friends and their original sesame dressing is our go-to dressing when I don’t have time to make my Homemade Sesame Dressing.
All of WAFU® dressings are smooth and creamy, and they have:
No artificial flavors
No trans fats
Low cholesterol, and
Low saturated fat!
Today I am partnering with WAFU® to give away their delicious Japanese dressings, and ten (10) lucky winners who will receive WAFU Dressing Party Pack (a set of 6 bottles!).
Now, here’s your chance to win to taste these delicious dressings! Click HERE to enter to win! This giveaway is open for US and Canada residents only.