My day won’t start until I make myself a cup of Chai. I drink Chai two times a day, one in the morning and another one in the afternoon. Ever since my neighbor Indian friend introduced me their authentic way of making Chai, I became addicted and now I can’t live without it!
* Cooking time may vary depending on your pot and stove.
* Adjust the amount of ingredients according to the size of your cup.
- 1 cup water (use your tea cup)
- A pinch of ground Cardamom (about 1-2 Cardamoms), discarded pod
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 slice of ginger root (optional)
- 1 ½ tsp. loose black tea (Red Label Orange Peko, Darjeeling etc)
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- In a small saucepan, put water, Cardamom and sugar, and bring it to boil. Add ginger here if you like.
- When it starts boiling, add tea leaves and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add milk and bring it to boil again. When it starts boiling, reduce heat and keep boiling for 10 seconds.
- Remove from heat and strain tea with a strainer. Serve it with a biscuit or cookie.